Design Inspiration

Today I watched Arabian Nights and I was fascinated by the clothes. Do you ever find that you see a certain outfit in a movie and feel transported to another time and place? Well it's been the second time within a 1 month span that I've been inspired by period pieces or costumes. The other two movies I was inspired by were Pride & Prejudice (the most recent one from 2006 I think) and Becoming Jane. the whole time I kept thinking those dresses are so modest they just need to add this here, reduce that there etc.

I'm so excited I got some new beautiful flowing fabric and started work on my dress collection. I can't wait to show you some, but I don't want to give it away too soon.

As I said before I like an abaya as much as the next person, but I also love color, patterns, florals, geometric & abstract shapes and varying textures. I'm evening starting to come around when it comes to embellishments and accents. My collection is for the Muslima who wishes to look modestly beautiful but most importantly she'll feel great! She'll feel comfortably covered yet adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment